Welcome to my world of wonderful and usually useless minutae.....

Hopefully you will enjoy your stay. Feel free to send me comments and/or criticisms. Keep it nice, though.

Monday, June 1, 2020

Getting the Gang Back Together....

Josh Gad has a wonderful web series temporarily (maybe not if we're lucky?) while we're all quarantined called Reunited Apart. He's already reunited the casts of The Goonies, Back to the Future, and Splash. I guess those were too few people for him, because now he's taken on the unenviable task of bringing together the massive cast of The Lord of the Rings (Not to mention the director and his wife the co-screenwriter and composer Howard Shore). This was an amazing video. Those who know me know how much I love this film trilogy. It is an utter thing of beauty on all fronts: acting, directing, writing. And beyond the second (IMO inferior) film trilogy, something like this will probably never happen again. But particularly as a gay fan, I think Ian McKellan hit the nail on the head once when asked why he thought this series was so important to the queer community. I'm paraphrasing because I couldn't find the clip when I searched, but essentially he said queer people love the movies so much because they're about family but not just any family a chosen family who will support each other to the death, and sadly so many queer people cannot rely on their birth families to support them so, much like the fellowship in the movie, they find their own families. Watching this video brought all those emotions up again for me. It's lovely to see how close all of the actors still are. And the line readings and prop reveals were great. But the tattoos fascinated me the most (and let's be honest watching Elijah Wood lift his shirt to show what amounts almost to a tramp stamp was pretty hot lol). But it was just so nice to see the gang back together again. I didn't want to cost the video any donations so if you see this here and not on YouTube and can donate please do so here is the link: https://www.nokidhungry.org/ . I donated to both this organization and the Minnesota Freedom Fund this week and next week will probably be more resources. We need to all stick together now more than ever. Videos like this help. My heart was lifted. Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment