Welcome to my world of wonderful and usually useless minutae.....

Hopefully you will enjoy your stay. Feel free to send me comments and/or criticisms. Keep it nice, though.

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

RIP Chris Trousdale

Covid has fucked up a lot of things in the world, not the least of which is our economy, our daily lives, and our sense of "normal". It's also killed over 110 thousand people in the United States alone. That's a staggering number and by doing this little post I don't want to take anything away from the other victims. John Prine was among their number for Christ's sake. That dude is like musical bedrock. Seeing as I'm so in to bubblegum pop music though and since he was a part of my community, Chris Trousdale's death seemed like something I should post about. Chris got his start in the boyband Dream Street with future hitmaker Jesse McCartney. They never racked up any major hits, but their album is certainly a bubblegum popstravaganza and they toured for several years before fizzling out. There's more to the story though I'm not up on the details. I think Chris' Mom might have wanted him to front the group a la Diana Ross and the Supremes and that led to tensions within the band but I could be wrong. In any event, the group disbanded and the boys all went on to try solo careers of varying success with the most notable being Jesse. But Chris never left the industry. He was always plugging away, either on an album or a guest appearance on Shake It Up or auditioning for The Voice or giving dance classes. Anytime a former boybander comes out as gay its a win for the community so when Chris came out I was thrilled, and he always seemed happy and proud to be gay. Even when Aaron Carter came out as bisexual a few years back and admitted to having sex with one of his former tourmates and people deduced that it was Chris he fully admitted it and said he was happy that Aaron had taken the plunge. I can think of so many other ways that incident could have gone. He seemed like a really genuine guy, and I don't want some of the thirst pics I've included in this post to take away from him in any way but honestly I think he would have been happy that he looked good in them and let's be honest he was a pretty damn good looking dude. I've included some of Chris' songs along with a very cute video of Chris giving a dance class and finally the former members of Dream Street reuniting to serenade the memory of Chris. They sound amazing. I'm sure he would have been touched. You will be missed Mr. Trousdale.





















No comments:

Post a Comment